Who We Are
PQS Tech Solutions Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales under number 07877176 whose registered office is at New Chartford House, Centurion Way, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3QB, (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (as applicable the “Legislation”) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information. We will take all appropriate steps to ensure compliance with the Legislation.
Any questions about our data protection policy or how we handle your personal data should be addressed to Andrew Brooke. (See Contact information below.)
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, phone number, and postal address
- Job Titles
- Contact preferences
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Information automatically collected: We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how you use our website, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this personal data to supply you with our goods and services and/or to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and/or to use your goods and services, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To provide our services
- To respond to requests and inquiries
- To periodically send you marketing and promotional communications using the email address which you have provided, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time, for more information on how to do this see the below section “What Rights Do You Have“.
- From time to time, where you are an existing customer, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- To customise the website according to your interests.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that either;
- the other person has a contractual relationship with you and knows that you will be transferring their personal data to us for specific purposes and/or
- s/he has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data (as listed below).
Sensitive/special category personal information
We do not process sensitive personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Our staff [and associates] are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data. We will take all reasonable steps to comply with the Legislation and use the appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. We only share your personal data with third parties who also comply with the Legislation.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
We only send your data outside the EEA where we have in place legal protection which complies with the Legislation.
What can i do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Links to Other websites
We store your personal data on secure servers and cloud-based storage systems for a period of:
- 7 years from the date on which you cease to be a customer of ours
- until you ask us to destroy it
- If you have consented to periodically receive marketing and promotional communications from us, we will continue to retain the personal information required to continue sending you these emails (e.g. name and email address), even after the 7 year period from which you cease to be a customer of ours, until you chose to unsubscribe from these. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time, for more information on how to do this see the below section ” What Rights Do You Have“.
- If you have contacted us at any point including via email or by using any of the forms on our website, and you are not a customer of ours nor have you consented to receive marketing and promotional communication from us, we will retain the information you provide to us in that form for up to 1 year after your last contact with us to allow us to quickly respond to any future requests and enquiries you may have and for internal record keeping.
in each case unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period.
What rights do you have?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling [(We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)]
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided in the section “How To Contact Us” below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you – for example, to send service-related messages that are necessary to provide you with any services or products you have requested from us, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information below). You are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervising authority for the management of personal data in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about any other matter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at PQS Tech Solutions Limited, Axis House, 24-40 Pontefract Lane, Leeds LS9 8HY.
Policy last updated : 20/04/2023